Kids love getting a chance to express their personal style through their choice of clothes, shoes, backpacks, and even water bottles. Of course, as a parent, you’re probably aware that there’s more to these things than just style: functionality and safety play a crucial role as well. That’s why parents need to make sure that the compositions of the items their children use don’t contain any harmful substances. Sure, it looks like a simple water bottle, but you have to consider countless factors before you buy one.
Why Do You Need To Buy a Water Bottle For Your Child?
Water bottles are an essential item for your child. Children’s active lifestyle requires that they maintain a constant water intake. In this way, a water bottle acts as a loyal partner for them during school. When your child keeps a bottle at hand, it encourages them to keep drinking after intervals. This keeps them well-hydrated during school.
Having a water bottle also ensures that your child has access to clean water. They will not have to walk all the way to a water fountain whenever they want a sip of water, which could disrupt their concentration in class. A simple leak-proof bottle is good enough, but there are also other factors to consider.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Kid’s Water Bottle
Let’s discuss essential things to keep in mind when purchasing a water bottle for kids.
Shape and Size
Children prefer convenience over anything else. That means you should select a water bottle that’s easy for them to carry around. A lightweight bottle with an easy-grip design is ideal. It should be compact and lightweight. The bottle should be able to hold at least one liter of water. If the water bottle has an odd shape or takes a while to open, it only dissuades a child from using it.
When buying a water bottle for your child, you need to ensure that it is BPA-free. BPA is bisphenol A, which is present in plastic material and is dangerous for your children’s health. So, make sure the bottle is BPA-free.
- Mermaid water bottle [1-Pack]: Unique cute design with special heat transfer print, never fade and durable after long time use.
- BPA FREE Eastman Tritan plastic: No plastic smell or taste, safe for your daily hydration.
- Leak proof auto flip top lid: Spill proof with the silicone plunger on the lid, one click open is convenient for one-hand drinking.
- Wide mouth and spout: it’s easy clean with the wide mouth, and you can chug with the wide spout.
- If any issue or advice of our products, please feel free to contact us, we will reply as soon as possible.
Beak-resistant Water Bottle
Kids aren’t known for being very coordinated or having the best motor skills. So to avoid any troublesome spills or leaks, buy a bottle that doesn’t break easily. Remember, your child is busy moving around when they’re at school, so it’s likely that they’ll drop their bottle a couple of times. Ideally, you should purchase a break-resistant water bottle that doesn’t leak and is made of solid material. Go for materials like stainless steel instead of glass or other light materials.
A leaking water bottle can be quite a distraction for your child when they’re at school. Instead of focusing in class, he’ll end up concentrating on fixing the leak. A lockable nozzle is a perfect type of bottle in this case. The lid should also come off easily and then shut tightly, so there are no leaks.
Types of Water Bottles for your Child
There are several types of water bottles that are user-friendly and made from good, BPA-free material.
Steel Water Bottle
This one ticks most of the boxes when you’re looking to buy a good water bottle. Steel bottles are very durable and do not break. The material does not contain Bisphenol A, which makes it a healthy option for your kid. This bottle is bound to last for a very long time.
- THERMOS vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, not for use with hot liquids
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Hygienic push button lid with pop-up straw and integrated carry handle
- Keeps cold 12 hours; For maximum thermal efficiency, prechill beverage bottle prior to use. Fill with cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty.
- 12 ounce capacity; hand washing recommended
Collapsible Water Bottle
Some trends work out for the better while others just come and go. Collapsible bottles are one trend that looks like they’ll stay for a long time. You can roll up the bottle and put it in your child’s bag. They do not take up a lot of space and are also convenient for your child, especially while traveling. Just make sure that the material is BPA-free.
Copper Water Bottle
Copper bottles are very healthy and eco-friendly. They are currently trending and pose a lot of benefits for the user. Copper water bottles are reusable, cost-effective, and very easy to carry around. Despite the benefits, there are also some things that do not make the bottle a top choice. Copper bottles are not easy to wash, so they deteriorate quickly. Since they are quite flimsy, you might notice dents on the bottle.
- Extraordinary themes: These exquisitely printed bottles highlight and raise concern over various environmental issues such as global warming, marine pollution and animal poaching. These themes not only educate kids about out treatment of nature but also inspire them to be a resisting force.
- Kid-friendly: These bottles are especially designed for the suitable needs of children and keeping their security in mind. Kids can be rough handlers of their possessions; hence, these bottles are built with extreme finesse to avoid any accident. Parents don’t need to worry about their children.
- Daily life health benefits: Drinking water from a 100% pure copper bottle ensures various health benefits such as boosting immunity and reducing obesity. These bottles will keep you healthy on a daily basis, making them a one-of-a-kind product.
- Easy-to-carry and Easy-to-wash: Say goodbye to the plastic bottles. These EcoBottles fit in well in your refrigerator, kid’s backpack or schoolbag and they’re designed to be used indoors and outdoors. They can also be easily washed with salt and vinegar/lemon.
- Eco-friendly: We are producing over 300 million tons of plastic every year. Annually 500 billion plastic bags are used worldwide. More than one million bags are used every minute. These bottles are reusable; a great substitute to plastic and a symbol of hope in the fight to save our planet.
Insulated Water Bottle
An insulated bottle is also a good choice for your child. The interior of the bottle is stainless steel, and the exterior is a colored layer. It is great for outdoor activities thanks to its sweat-proof and durable design. The bottle is easy to wash and lasts a long time. The double insulation factor makes it much more durable. However, make sure that the lid of the bottle is easily removable. Otherwise, it becomes difficult for your child to drink water.
Hydro Flasks are perfect for children aged below ten. They offer insulation and are easy to maintain and wash. Their insulation makes the water cold or hot, which is great for children in summers and winters. Hydro-flasks are also long-lasting and reusable.
There are also some cons to hydro-flasks. They are on the expensive side and are only suitable for children under ten years of age. Wash the hydro-flasks carefully to maintain them for a long time.
Can You Reuse a Water Bottle?
Reusing a water bottle is a good lesson for your kid. This will help reduce waste and develop a more eco-friendly approach towards living. It’s also a lesson for them to not waste things and reuse them whenever possible. However, to reuse a water bottle, you should make sure that it is well-cleaned. A lot of bottles have narrow openings, which makes it difficult to clean them. Not cleaning bottles often enough means that they become a breeding ground for bacteria. So a wide bottle opening is easy to maintain and reuse.
Wash the bottle with warm water and soap, and clean the insides with a brush. This will disinfect it and clean any germs that are present inside. Preventing the growth of bacteria is highly important, too. Keep the bottle dry after you wash it.
Can you Freeze a Water Bottle?
You can freeze a water bottle. No evidence suggests that frozen bottles release any chemicals. Summertimes are especially hard when your child is an athlete or when they participate in intense sports under the sun. During the hot summer months, you can freeze the bottle to keep it cold.
Is it Safe to Buy Reusable Plastic Bottles?
Reusing a plastic water bottle is safe if you maintain it well. Plastic bottles also come with information to help you to reach a better decision. The plastic symbol on the water bottle contains different numbers that mark the safety of plastic. Numbers 1, 2, 4, and 5 are safe to use while numbers 3, 6, and 7 are for beverages and food. If a plastic bottle has a BPA-free marking, they are safe to use.
Is Bisphenol A Dangerous?
Bisphenol A (BPA) is a chemical found in plastic material. It’s present in food and beverage packaging. This chemical is unhealthy for children and can be a threat to unborn babies. It is better to buy a BPA-free bottle so that your children can have fun drinking water and you don’t have to worry about harmful effects on their health.
Every bottle comes with a recyclable code. You can check that code to decide a good material accordingly. The bottles with a 3 or 7 stamped on them mean that they contain BPA. Better to avoid them completely.
Are Glass or Metal Water Bottles Safe for Your Children?
A Metal bottle should not be made of aluminum but stainless steel. An aluminum bottle does not fulfill the requirements. Glass bottles look pretty, but they are breakable. This can pose a danger for your child and other children nearby. Try not to freeze water in a stainless steel bottle. It ruins the shape, making it a non-durable bottle.
Make sure your child doesn’t share their bottle with anyone. This has to be a tricky subject but is important. Sharing your glass, stainless steel, and or safe plastics helps germs enter easily. Just make sure that your child gets enough water all day.
Buying a water bottle might seem like a simple task, but your child’s safety comes first. You need to consider a number of factors when buying them. Hydration is very important for school-going children. A little effort will go a long way in keeping your little one safe.
The best way to buy a bottle is to research it before you go to the shop. Be it baseball practice, a debating session, or a field trip – your child should have a safe bottle. Do not get confused by the wide, colorful display you might see. Stores and shops may have a wide variety of bottles for you to choose from, but safety should be your top priority. Conduct proper research on the different materials that a water bottle is made of; then decide the best one to choose for your children.