Congrats on your bundle of joy! We are sure the first months have been equal parts exciting and challenging; well, we have news. Caring for your baby doesn’t get any easier; several decisions are to be made. One of such decisions is choosing between a high chair or a booster seat.
Find information to help you make an informed decision, as well as some of our favorite baby high chairs and booster seats.
High Chairs Vs. Booster Seats: Which is Better
Deciding between getting a high chair or a booster for your little one is quite tasking, especially with no knowledge of them. Thus, we have curated an explanation of each baby seat, including the pros and cons.
A high chair has long legs and an inbuilt feeding tray. They make mealtimes so much easier and less messy and are suitable for babies six months and above. One great thing about high chairs is that you can use them until your child is 18 months or expresses a desire to eat at the table.
We have outlined the pros and cons of getting a high chair for your baby.
- It doesn’t take up so much space
- Parents vow that it is sturdier than your average booster seat
- It is easier to clean since you have just one chair
- Most come with adjustable height and reclining options
- Different design options are available
- Most models are not portable
- It is pricier than booster seats
Booster seats are not designed to stand alone. Hence, they come with a strap or harness that allows them to be attached to an existing chair or surface. Unlike high chairs that support babies, booster seats offer little support. Thus, they are only recommended for children that can sit up unassisted for long periods.
Below are the pros and cons.
- Booster seats are versatile and can be attached to a table or plopped on the floor
- Most are lightweight and, therefore, portable
- They are easy to store and don’t take up as much space as high chairs
- More affordable than high chairs
- Harder to clean the nooks and crannies
- Not many options are available
Differences between High Chairs and Booster Seats
Not as versatile
More design options available
Some models are made from wood
Can stand on its own
Lightweight and portable
Versatile; can be plopped on the table
Less design options available
No wooden model available
Needs to be plopped on something
4 Best High Chairs and Booster Seats of 2022
We have curated a list of our favorite high chairs and booster seats. Feel free to explore and select one that matches your family’s needs.
What if you didn’t need to choose between a high chair and a booster seat? Sounds exciting, right? Yes, that is what the Graco Blossom 6-in-1 chair offers you. You enjoy the sturdiness of the high chair, the portability of a booster seat, and a table and chair set, all for the price of one.
It is designed with several thoughtful features like a footrest, three and five-foot harness, height adjustment, recline adjustment, etc. Many people brag about being able to fit two kids simultaneously in this Graco 6-in-1 chair; that sure saves a great deal of time and energy.
What’s to Love
- Six seats in one
- Height, footrest, and recline adjustment
- Sturdy yet stylish build
- Lightweight and portable
- Very versatile and suits your child’s growing needs
- Sports a 5-point harness for extra security
- It is expensive
- 6-in-1 convertible high chair adjusts to your growing child’s needs
- Innovative infant high chair design allows you to seat 2 children simultaneously
- 6 height positions and 3 recline levels to allow the high chair to adjust for easy feedings
- One-hand removable tray with dishwasher-safe, pull-out insert
- Removable seat back insert helps position your growing child at the table
Inglesina Fast Table Chair works great for parents who don’t have enough room for the traditional high chair or are constantly on the move. Loads of parents love that it is so easy to pack up and travel with and clean.
Although this seat is small, it packs many features that offer you and your child maximum comfort. These features include a high backrest, study design, and fully padded seats. Still not sold on this seat? Here are key reasons why we love the Inglesina Fast Table Chair.
What We Love
- It can be hooked directly to tables, and most counters
- It weighs only 4.2 pounds
- Comes with a removable and hand-washable cover
- Portable, collapsible design
- Great for babies aged 6+ months and above
- Can hold up to 37 pounds
- Costs less than $100
- Is not machine washable
- EASY & SECURE SETUP – Inglesina’s Fast Table Chair fits tables up to 3.3″ thick and is perfect for use at home or while traveling. The easy twist-tight coupling is fast and secure and gives your baby a seat at the table.
- PORTABLE, COLLAPSIBLE DESIGN – Complete with an integrated travel-friendly carry bag, the Fast Table Chair is easy to pack and always within reach.
- DURABLE & WASHABLE MATERIALS – Ideal for babies & toddlers between 6 and 36 months, and up to 37 pounds, the durable & washable design ensures this product will serve for years.
- HANDY STORAGE POCKET – The functional design includes a convenient storage pocket to ensure immediate access to wipes, toys, snacks and more.
- ITALIAN DESIGN – Inspired by the elegant carriages seen in British Court, Inglesina has been designing quality strollers, highchairs and table chairs since 1963, with a focus on safety, practicality, and utilizing the finest materials.
If you are looking for a portable, travel-friendly baby seat, the Fisher Price booster seat is your best option. It is lightweight and has adjustable shoulder straps, trays, and height levels. The fact that the tray has a snap-on lid to prevent mess at mealtimes is simply delightful!
We can’t get over the fact that this chair can be folded and carried around with shoulder straps. You can strap it to a chair or simply place it on the floor if your baby prefers that. Here are some reasons why you should get this stylish yet comfortable booster seat for your little one.
What We Love
- It is suitable for babies six months to 3 years
- The built-in tray comes with a snap-on lid
- Comes with three height and tray level adjustments
- It is lightweight and travel-friendly
- It comes with adjustable shoulder straps for added convenience
- The tray is dishwasher safe
- Costs less than $40
- Not as sturdy as most high chairs
- Pull up a chair – booster straps easily & securely to most dining & kitchen chairs
- Dishwasher safe feeding tray
- Snap on lid keeps feeding tray clean
- Built in sippy cup holder
- No crevices to trap crumbs
Mastela Booster Seat
For less than $50, you can own this fantastic 2 in 1 infant feeding seat that comes complete with a tray. It comes with a 2-level height adjustment to suit the needs of your ever-growing child, from 6 months up until three years. A 3-point restraint system on the chair helps secure the seat to your dining table chair.
Thanks to the compact folding design, you won’t have to struggle to pack up this seat and stash it when it isn’t in use. Ease of cleaning is also a significant selling point for Mastela booster seat; you can take it apart and plop it in the washing machine for thorough cleaning.
What We Love
- It is lightweight, compact, and foldable
- Can be used for babies six months and above
- It is designed with 2 height level adjustments and three tray height adjustments
- Comes with a dishwasher safe tray
- The parts are detachable, making them easy to clean
- Washing machine safe
- Not as sturdy as most high chairs
Tips for Selecting the Best High Chairs and Booster Seat for Your Baby
Hurray! Your bundle of joy is here, and you just can’t wait to pick out the baby gear. Once you have decided on which option to go with, it is time to consider which brand to choose.
To help, we have outlined key features to look out for when buying a high chair or booster seat for your little one.
If you spend most time away from home, then you’ll want to consider something more portable. In that case, lightweight booster seats take the cake since you can lug them around easily.
After all, is said and done, you’ll need money to get the highchair or booster seat of your choice. So, we advise that you select one with the necessary features within your budget.
● Ease of Cleaning
Your baby will spend quite some time in the booster seat or highchair. So, it makes sense to select one that is easy to clean, especially one that is dishwasher safe.
●Compactness and Foldability
Space constraint is crucial when choosing a high chair or booster seat. If your place is not spacious, the smart move will be to choose a booster seat or at least a foldable chair. Foldable chairs are flexible and allow you to fold them down and stash them till they are needed.
Although high chairs are on the pricier side, they make great investments. So we treat it as one; get one that is durable and can stand the test of time. A well-made highchair can be passed down from kid to kid or even sold off in a yard sale.
Some highchairs, in particular, are designed to suit the needs of your growing child. As such, you can convert them into a booster seat or a regular adult seat. Choose chairs that offer you value.
Always make sure your child’s chair is safe. To that effect, get one that has a restraint system, good stability, and a lock for the wheels. That way, you will ensure your baby is 100% safe in the chair. Your preferred chair should have a safety harness, preferably 5 points.
Caring for a baby is a full-time job; thus, it is essential to invest in tools that make it easier. You have two options; you can opt for a booster seat or a high chair. Whichever one you choose, you will find a list of the top high chairs and booster seats today in this article.